Monday, June 09, 2008
Top 10 Things I Love To Say To Europeans
10. “?Habla ingles?” “Parle vous anglais?” “Sprechen sie englisch?” “Förlåt, på engelska, tack” and my favorite, ”Could you please say that again without your British accent?”
9. “I have no idea how much I weigh, how tall I am or how far it is to the next town…”
8. “How much did you say the tax was?!!!”
7. “Could I have some peanut butter with that?”
6. “Soccer. The only sport in the world where crying is both strategic and encouraged.”
5. To the question of whether or not every American owns a gun, “Yes, one for each hand.”
4. Upon seeing the size of a personal pizza in Sweden, “Wow, I’ll never be able to finish that and I’m an American!”
3. Upon seeing anyone holding Coca-Cola, McDonald’s, Subway or all three:”Thank you for trying to help that poor American dollar.”
2. “Yes, start in New York, but remember that the west coast is the best coast!”
And the number one thing I love to say to Europeans:
1. “I’m so glad that Obama has finally been selected because now the election campaigning can BEGIN!”
And a special bonus quote for all you Swedes:
“I love living in a small town like Linköping...”
Pictures above from a perfect summer day in Sweden (as the weather continues to be the warmest I have ever felt here):
1. On the eastern coast just north of Västervik.
2. Classic Swedish coastline full of “röda små stugor.”
3. Flags of the Göta Canal at Söderköping, which means…
4. Smulltronstället ice cream. Ah, Svensk sommar!
5. A recent taco dinner obviously hosted by an American – can you see why?