Monday, April 21, 2008
Top 10 Reasons Why Linköping is Better Than Stockholm
10. Stockholm is the land of taxis, busses, cars and subways, but Linköping is all about the bicycle. Take a 10-minute ride, get some fresh air, arrive at your destination five minutes early! Love those bikes in Linköping…
9. Linköping has a better airport. Where else can you leave your home at 11:30 for a 12:00 flight and wait for fifteen minutes before you board? (Not kidding – I’ve done it!)
8. Linköping's wood-chipped trails of Ryd Skogen – you just can’t get to the middle of nature that fast in a metropolitan city.
7. Linköping is closer to the rest of Europe. And let’s be honest - the closer you are to London, Paris and Rome, the better.
6. Bosse’s Glassbar. Spring. Enough said.
5. Linköping: Everything you need and most everything you want. Not too big and not too small. Linköping is, let’s say it together now, lagom! And every Swede would agree that anything lagom is always better…
4. Only one of these cities has the newest and best student housing in Sweden: www.colonia.nu
3. You can walk through Stockholm anonymously. It’s a little more difficult to walk through Linköping and avoid a friendly face.
2. LHC may have once again lost the Eliteserie finals, but they’re a whole lot better than Djurgården! Congrats to the Linköping Hockey Club on another memorable season.
1. Because a blog titled Stockholmlivin’ just doesn’t have the same ring to it…
Pictures above from a great city, especially with the arrival of spring.